Delivery and Fulfilment Service
Clean Slate’s distribution, delivery and fulfilment services helps customers in the West of England and London get marketing materials to the people that matter.
Our range of services includes door-to-door deliveries, the distribution of publicity materials to specified locations (such as hotels or tourist locations), and packing and fulfilment of mailings.
We offer a first-class service and ensure high quality supervision and checks on work. Our teams are fast, reliable and often available at short notice.
John Coward, MD, Emtone Print 2013 “We have used Clean Slate to deliver marketing material on a number of occasions and have found them to be cost effective and highly efficient. On all occasions new visits to our website more than quadrupled on the day of the door drops and they have resulted in a significant increase in business traffic.”
When it comes to costs, our prices are transparent and good value for money. We charge by the hour rather than by the volume of deliveries and have a standard rate that increases if you need a higher-grade service, but goes down if you’re willing to share deliveries with other customers.
- Responsive and reliable – we’re cost-effective as we get the job done right first time
- Constant quality checks – so you’ll have peace of mind that comes from knowing everything is handled professionally
- All services are ethically priced* and professionally managed to ensure customers return to us time and time again.
- Delivering local authority mailings to 50,000 households in Bristol (turned around in just 6 days)
- Distributing tourist information to all hotels and guesthouses in Bath
- Packing and delivering housing associations' tenant newsletter mailings
- Fulfilment for Bath Primary Care Trust, providing them with 10,000 sexual health kits
Every one of our jobs is bespoke, so please get in touch [booking form required] for a personalised consultation or quote.
NB. We oppose the illegal practice of paying delivery staff less than the minimum wage. Socially responsible customers of delivery services are advised to consider whether low costs are at the expense of delivery agents. Poorly paid teams results in poorly executed deliveries.