If you are a parent thinking of returning to work but are unsure of where to turn, we can help.
A number of our drop-in centres are based in local Childrens Centres, this has brought us in to contact with many parents who are looking to work after long periods of unemployment.
If you are a parent experiencing any of the following, we can help:
- A lack of confidence
- Childcare issues
- Difficulties finding work or training that's flexible
- Difficulties making employment & childcare work financially
- Issues stemming from unsympathetic previous employer
It's easy to register with Clean Slate, just click GET STARTED on the right hand side for our Aspirations Survey. This is specifically designed for B&NES parents. Once you've completed the survey we'll be in touch.
Alternatively, click here for our drop in centres and contact details.
Parents who have made use of Clean Slate's service in the past, say that the benefits of coming to us include:
- Available childcare while learning
- Support from people who listen to you and understand difficulties around being a parent whilst working
- Understanding of careers for people with childcare issues. Many of Clean Slate's Work Champions (staff) have children and know how to be creative around working & parenting
- Help to find information about childcare and other family services
- Inductions with other parents, allowing like-minded people with similar issues to be a real source of support.
Ellimay was a single parent when she came to us in 2013, click here to read her story.